Liberty Learning Model
2020-2021 Pilot Work Groups
Parent Work Group Presentation - March 29, 2022
Interactive CBL for Leaders - May 7, 2022
Parent Work Group Presentation - May 12, 2022
Parent Work Group Presentation - June 16, 2022
Teacher Work Group Presentation - Spring 2022
- LPS Middle Level Competencies
- DESE Priority Standards
Understanding PowerSchool Video Series:
- Episode 1: What do the numbers/grades mean in PowerSchool?
- Episode 2: How do I access PowerSchool?
- Episode 3: What do the entries in PowerSchool represent?
- Episode 4: When should I be worried about my student's progress?
- Episode 5: How will grades be recorded at marking periods?
- Episode 6: What do the competency based learning terms mean?
- Episode 7: What is a preponderance of evidence?
Learning Progression Scale
DESE Success-Ready Student Work Group
DESE is proud to have Missouri educators Mike Fulton, Matt Goodman, Pam Hedgpeth, and Jeremy Tucker leading this work. We’re also working with the Missouri School Boards Association on this important effort.
Refer to the DESE Success-Ready Student Work Group website for all meeting notes and the most recent documents.
5 Essential Questions:
- What is competency-based learning?
- What strategies, including professional development, are needed to support the implementation of competency-based learning?
- What are barriers to competency based learning that need to be addressed locally and statewide with policy and practice?
- How can the assessment system (including MAP) be redesigned to support student mastery of priority standards, ensuring high school, college, career, and workplace readiness and meet federal requirements?
- What is the framework and approval process for districts to voluntarily customize MSIP 6 requirements in order to implement CBL practices, including assessment evidence?