Why Take the PSAT
There are several benefits available to students for taking the PSAT. While the exam is optional, it serves as an excellent standardized test practice in preparation for college admissions tests, such as the ACT and SAT.
- Students who perform well on the PSAT will receive an Advanced Placement (AP) score report indicating which AP courses your student is likely to succeed in for the following year. Explore the PSAT website for more details: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10
- Sophomores interested in being nominated to the Missouri Scholars Academy (MSA), the PSAT/NMSQT is one of the selection tools used in considering applicants.
- Juniors must take the PSAT/NMSQT for the opportunity to enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
- More information about the PSAT can be found here: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10
- To prepare for the PSAT, engage in these resources:
- Monday, Aug 3, 2020 - Registration Opens, exam fee is $25.
- Tuesday, Sep 1, 2020 - Registrations after this date incurs a $5 late fee.
- Monday, Sept 7, 2020 - Registration Closes
- Monday, Sept 9, 2020 - Registrations that have not been paid for will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - PSAT/NMSQT exam will be given at Liberty High School from approximately 8am-12pm.
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 - Students who wish to take the exam on this date should register and pay through the LNHS website https://user.totalregistration.net/PSAT/261967. (LHS students are limited to 25 seats on this date.)
PSAT in the KC area
- Tue. January 26, 2021, LINCOLN COLLEGE PREP ACADEMY (2111 WOODLAND AVENUE, KANSAS CITY, MO 64108)
- Tue. January 26, 2021, ROCKHURST HIGH SCHOOL (9301 STATE LINE RD, KANSAS CITY, MO 64114)
Specifics regarding accommodations can be found at https://www.collegeboard.org/students-with-disabilities. There is no fee for requesting accommodations; however, the request must be made in accordance with the College Board process to ensure sufficient time for their review and response prior to the PSAT/NMSQT.
If your student has registered for the PSAT/NMSQT and you would like to request accommodations for the exam, please email Trilaina McCallum by August 14th at 4:00pm with the signed consent form found here.