What is Liberty Hour?
Liberty Hour is a flex time intended for academic, extracurricular, and social involvement so that LHS students can maximize the high school experience. We believe learning how to prioritize time and balance multiple academic, extracurricular, and social demands is a skill set necessary for student success and is developed through practice and coaching. Liberty Hour provides an opportunity for students to develop and use these decision-making skills.
Liberty Hour will continue with the format that all students are in classrooms during Liberty Hour. Below are reminders about common practices and expectations for Liberty Hour.
- Students, please assign yourself in the LEH system.
- You MUST have passes to travel and should only leave classrooms one student at a time. No students allowed in the LMC without passes.
- Students ARE NOT allowed to leave classrooms for unnecessary purposes like vending machines, to talk to a friend, etc.
- For students not attending assigned Liberty Hour sessions, calls will be made home from administration. Repeat offenses can result in disciplinary action or a loss of liberty hour privileges.
- Stay aware of your grades and upcoming assignments, tests, or projects to know when you should go see a teacher.
- Use a weekly planner or calendar to outline your goals and priorities for each day. Talk to your advisory teacher about making a plan for Liberty Hour.
- Check the Liberty Hour LEH system to find out if you have been assigned tutoring by a teacher and come prepared with your books, notes, assignments, and questions.
- Get involved by selecting clubs of interest and attending meetings on designated days.