Info for Seniors
Reminder for Seniors!! Its not too late to sign up for a senior meeting through your counselor. Email them today to schedule a meeting!
Senior TO-DO List!
1. READ: Senior Meeting PowerPoint
2. VIEW: Senior Meeting Screencast
3. COMPLETE: Senior Profiles
- Mrs. Samek (A - Da, FEX)
- Mrs. Beard (Db - Ho)
- Ms. Wiederholt (Hp - Me, ELL)
- Mrs. Duncan (Mf - Se, TLC)
- Mrs. McCallum (Sf - Z)
4. MAKE APPOINTMENT: Stop in the Counseling Office to make an appointment with your counselor beginning September 28. If you cannot stop in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 816.736.7046
How to Apply Through Common App
*Please note:The Common Application is not required for several colleges including our state schools. If not required, best practice may be to apply by using the college’s specific application. Example: Use MU’s application instead of Common Application.
Go to the Common Application guide for the steps to follow. If you are using the Common Application you will NOT request your transcript on Naviance. Your counselor will submit your transcript through the School Report in the Common Application.
How do I request my transcript?
How to Request a Transcript to a College You Have Applied
You will follow these instructions if you have applied to a college or university NOT using Common Application.
Click on COLLEGES I’m Applying to
- To add the college you applied to click on the in the RED CIRCLE + sign.
- Enter College name
- Select the App Type - Early Decision, Rolling or Regular.Direct to Institution.
- Check Direct to Institution
- Check I’ve submitted my application or leave blank if you have not applied
- Click on Add and Request Transcript
- Identify the type of transcript: Initial (beginning of the year), Mid-Year or Final
- Check Unofficial ACT and /or SAT Scores
- Verify the college you would like your transcript sent.
- Click on Request and Finish
How to request a transcript to be sent to yourself, coach or scholarship
Click on COLLEGES I’m Applying To
- Click on Manage Transcripts
- Click on RED CIRCLE + sign
- Click Other Transcript
- Identify Initial, Mid-Year or Final
- Select Scholarship, Athletics or Other
- Complete all the information
*If you want a transcript emailed to someone or yourself, please enter the email on the address line.
How to request a transcript to NCAA/NAIA
Follow the instructions to request a transcript to COLLEGES
Click on COLLEGES I’m Applying To
- Enter NCAA and/or NAIA as a college and follow steps above.
Please Note: If you are a 2020 Senior who has earned college credit (i.e. Dual Credit, Early College Academy, KC Tech Academy, NCAPS), you are responsible for requesting transcripts directly from the college you earned the credit from while attending LHS.
These are the colleges that offer Dual Credit classes for LHS students. Click the corresponding college name underneath to access their website to request your college transcripts.
Recommendation Letter Requests
Students needing recommendation letters from their counselor or teachers need to follow the timetable below
Counselors may request that you complete this Brag Sheet in order to complete your recommendation letter.
DEADLINE TO REQUEST FROM COUNSELOR/TEACHER:
This schedule allows for vacations/breaks as the counselors and teachers are not in their offices during school breaks. (For example, if your application deadline is Jan. 1st you need to have your request for a recommendation to the counselor at the end of November due to the two weeks of winter break which are not considered work time).
If you are late turning in your recommendation request your counselor/teacher will not have as much time to devote to your letter resulting in possibly a less comprehensive letter. In the case of extreme lateness on the student’s part, the application deadline may be missed altogether.
College Planning for Seniors
- Meet with your counselor (September)
- Military bound students begin talking to recruiters
- Check on your A+ qualification status
- Check the Counseling Department Weekly News for college visits at LHS
- Attend a local college fair
- Attend College & Career Planning Night
- Consider applying for a job shadow or internship
- Consider attending a Career Connections event
- Take an ACT Prep Class (district class or private), or complete Prep Me through Family Connection
- Take ACT/SAT/ASVAB/COMPASS test
- Create or update resume on Family Connection
- Ask and collect recommendation letters from faculty members
- Apply to colleges
- Add colleges to Colleges I’m Applying To list in Family Connection
- Request transcripts on Family Connection
- Complete Diploma Name Form on Counseling Department website
- Apply to NCAA or NAIA Eligibility Center if you are a student athlete
- Visit colleges
- Apply for scholarships
- Request FAFSA PIN
- Attend Financial Aid & Community Scholarship Night
- Attend FAFSA Frenzy
- Register for AP exams
- Complete Community Scholarship Application
- Pay Dual Credit tuition – check with your teacher
- MALES ONLY: Sign up for selective services at 18 years old
- Compare financial aid award packages
- Decide on the post-secondary option that is the best fit for you and complete all required documents
- Complete graduation survey in May