Incoming Freshmen Information
Hello Future LHS Freshmen!
We are excited that you will soon be part of the student body at Liberty High School!
Incoming Freshman Parent Night Presentation
- Click below to view our screencast
When will I sign up for my 9th grade classes?
- January 27: Counselors will be at LMS to present a lesson on the course selection forms, course catalog and answer any questions students may have.
- January 28: Counselors will be at DMS to present a lesson on the course selection forms, course catalog and answer any questions students may have.
- February 10: Students turn in their completed course selection forms to their social studies teacher.
- February 28 & March 1: Students at LMS will enter their course selections with the help of counselors.
- March 3-4: Students at DMS will enter their course selections with the help of counselors.
How can I find out about the classes at LHS?
- Virtual Academic Fair : Explore all the courses and programs offered at LHS!
- Course Catalog : Check out course descriptions and what type of credit you will earn!
- Application page: Don’t miss the deadline if you are planning to take a class that requires an application!
How do I know what classes to select for specific careers?
Check out the Liberty Pathways page to discover suggested coursework for career interest areas!
How can I plan for classes after 9th grade?
- Naviance! All students will create a Course Plan listing the courses they would like to take over the next 4 years. LHS Counselors will be assisting students during their freshman year.
Will there be a parent night for incoming freshmen information?
YES! We have scheduled that event on January 18th at 6:30pm! This night has been changed to a virtual event. Please use this link to enter the event.
What does a typical freshmen schedule look like?
- Core course placement is dependent upon teacher recommendation, students course history, course offerings etc.
English: English 9, Pre-AP English 9, Gifted English 9 or English 9 Essentials
Math: Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra II/Advanced Algebra II
Science: Biology or Honors Biology
Social Studies: American History or AP Human Geography
Three additional credits: Possible options listed below
What are the LPS graduation requirements?
- Did you know the class of 2025 and beyond have three diploma options? Check out the diploma options HERE!
How can I find out information about the LHS clubs?
- Check out the LHS Club page to find out about clubs at LHS! A great way to be involved!
How can I find out more information about LHS athletics?
- Thinking about participating in sports at LHS? Check out the LHS Athletics website!
Are you interested in LHS Fine Arts?
- LPS has great programs to help you flourish in the arts! Click HERE for The LPS Fine Arts!
What is the A+ Program? How does it benefit a student?
- Check out the A+ page for all the information!
What does the bell schedule look like at LHS?
- Go to the LHS main website and click on Bell Schedules on the right hand side!
What is FLEX hour?
- All students have a FLEX hour on their schedule! Learn all about FLEX HERE!
Who are the LHS Counselors & Social Workers?
- Check out this page to find out!