Take the ASVAB TEST at LHS!
Testing date is February 9th, 2023.
Monday, Sept. 26th:
- National Guard @11:30am in the Cafeteria
Recruiter Information & Monthly Visits
AIR FORCE/SPACE FORCE
- Technical Sergeant Ryan Masker - 816.468.5729
- 6900 NW 83rd Street Ste C KCMO 64152
- Staff Sergeant Brandon Uzzel - 816.521.8035
- 8549 N. Church Rd Kansas City, MO 64157
- ISC Ben Applewhite - 816.359.1628
- 2334 Armour Rd. N. Kansas City, MO 64116
- Sergeant Zachary Ureste -
MO AIR NATIONAL GUARD
- TSgt James Brando - 816.341.3611
- 7815 N. Oak Trafficway Kansas City, MO 64118
- Sergeant Megan Terry - 816.352.5597
- North Kansas City, MO
- CE2 Sergeant Jordan Short - 816.518.1691
- 6900 NW 83rd St. Kansas City, MO 64152
Missouri Air National Guard, 139th AW
We would like to invite you to our fall career fair. Please save the date for our career fair to be held on September 20-22, 2022 from approximately 10:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. at Rosecrans Memorial Airport, St. Joseph, MO. We encourage juniors, seniors and school faculty to come up and see all that the Air National Guard has to offer. There will also be an airlift on our C-130 for faculty members to enjoy.
West Point Admission Information Briefing
West Point Information Briefings are a great way to find out more about the Academy - both Cadet Life and the Admissions Process as well as what it means to be an Army Officer.
Information for the Kansas City Area Event:
- Who - West Point and you!
- What - Informational presentation about West Point / Army opportunities for high school students and guidance/career counselors!
- When - Tuesday, 6 September 2022, 7PM – 9PM.
- Where – Raytown South High School Cafeteria (Park and enter on the south side of the building off of 83rd Street), 8211 Sterling Ave, Raytown, MO 64138
- Why - Promote interest in and awareness of college/career opportunities available through West Point and the U.S. Army.
For applying candidates, these briefings are also a great time to have your questions answered and meet the Field Force liaisons who will help you through the process as well.
West Point is an individual choice - we are all here to help you make the right choice for your college and career. Please RSVP Here: https://forms.microsoft.com/r/KJc2Wrp80w
One option for a four-year college degree is to consider applying to a military academy. It is important to research and begin the application process early on during the junior year of high school; however, academic preparation should begin starting in the freshman year.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY - Colorado Springs, CO
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD ACADEMY - New London, CT
UNITED STATES MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMY - Kings Point, NY
UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY - West Point, NY
UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY - Annapolis, MD
- The education attained is a first-rate, a four-year degree from a well-respected college, paid for with a full-tuition scholarship.
- Entrance to one of the service academies requires a significant commitment, carrying a military obligation in the respective service.
- Classes, majors, sports and activities can be similar to public or private college experiences, but there is a distinct military orientation to the undergraduate experience.
- Academic preparation should begin early in a student's high school career. The application process should start during the junior year.
- Some of the academies will require a nomination, primarily by a Congressman. Most members of Congress will not process requests after October of the senior year. Qualifications include not only academics but also physical and medical qualifications.
- To contact your Representative or Senator go to the sites below and enter your state of residence.
U.S. House of Representatives http://www.house.gov/
U.S. Senate http://www.senate.gov/