LHS Counseling & Social Work Department
Welcome to the Liberty High School Counseling & Social Work
Department where we are committed to fostering the academic,
personal, and post-secondary growth of every student!
Here to serve our virtual and hybrid students!
***ATTENTION 8th-11th GRADE STUDENTS: The system to enter classes for next year has been shut off. For students who did not/were not able to enter their classes, when you meet with a LHS counselor, they will do it for you.
Monday, April 19, 2021
1. Summer School 2021
Just a reminder that summer school enrollment closes on April 30th. Students may take up to two classes during the summer. The summer school class offerings can be found via the class catalog and please review the summer school quick reference sheet. Students may enroll for up to two courses. Please visit the LPS summer school website!
2. Senior Survey
As the year is coming to a close and graduation is right around the corner, we wanted to make sure that you were aware that it’s a State Requirement for seniors to fill out the Senior Exit Survey located on Naviance. Also, it is the only way that counselors will know where to send your final transcript. Seniors will be watching the Senior Survey Screencast in their JayBlock class today, however if they do not have in-person JayBlock, they can find it in their JayBlock class on Canvas. Click here for the Senior Survey PowerPoint for a reference. Please email your counselor if you have any questions!
3. Career Center Openings
Sophomores and Juniors, Area Career Center in Excelsior still has openings in their Fire Science program as well as animation and media. Application is required. See your counselor with questions or fill out the ACC application located on the counseling webpage. Click here to access the ACC Website for more information!
4. Senior Academic Signing Ceremony
Hello Seniors! The Senior Academic Signing Program has become a tradition at Liberty High School and is intended to recognize those students who receive academic scholarships and/or other merit-based awards to further their education. In a similar format as an athletic signing ceremony, this is a way to honor students for their achievements in academic and other non-athletic disciplines. This could include, performance and visual arts, debate and forensics, leadership, and service, as well as academic scholarships from colleges/universities or other organizations. This year’s ceremony will be held via Zoom on April 28th at 2:30 PM. Participation in this ceremony is voluntary. Students must submit an intent form by April 19th, 2021 to the Counseling Office. The intent form is available for pick up in the Counseling Office. Students are also responsible for securing a speaker to present on their behalf. If you have questions, please email Mrs. Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Kearney Job Fair
Connect with hiring managers from local companies at the 1st Annual Kearney Job Fair! This event is free and open to all job seekers. On April 28th from 3:00pm-6:00pm at the Kearney Firehouse Community Center, professionals of all levels are highly encouraged to attend and participate. Dress professionally and bring plenty of resumes. Click here to view the flyer and the facebook page for more information!
6. Post High School Planning
Many colleges and military recruiters are going virtual this year to provide information and virtual visits to students! If you are interested please click the corresponding links below:
- William Jewell College: Virtual College Visit- April 22nd @ 5:30p - Click here to access the zoom meeting!
- Park University: Pirate Days - April 19th @ 10:30am - You and two guests are invited to this socially distanced, in-person campus event. You must RSVP to attend!
- Wichita State University: W-S-YOU - April 23rd @ 9:30a-noon or 2:00p to 4:30p -This event is for seniors who are admitted to Wichita State for Fall 2021. Students and their guests are invited to join staff and students to discover opportunities at WSU, click here to find out more! For Individual Student/Parent meetings click here to schedule a time.
- Grand Canyon University: Informational Meeting, Click Here! - Recurring Anytime Meeting ID: 664 470 3946 Passcode: LopesUp!
- Pittsburg State University: Pitt CARES Freshmen Orientation/Enrollment - Closes in June - Registration opens on February 1st, 2021. CARES will be held June 2021. There is a $50 registration fee to secure their desired CARES date. Since we waived application fees for 2021-2022, students who qualify for a CARES fee waiver need a from submitted on their behalf. The usual qualifications for an application fee waiver apply for the CARES fee waiver. The CARES waiver form is attached.
- House of Heavilin Beauty College: Now Enrolling for 2021 Click here for more details and click here for the Catalog!
Past Big 6 Announcements